Whether Eden Hazard actually opted for Chelsea over a move to Madrid 5 years ago is something we may never get to fully know.
The Belgian was reported to have had a substantial number of suitors after his heroics with Lille.
Since the Belgian arrived at west London, he has being everything The Blues hoped for when they signed and even if their dominance has left much to be desired, the Belgian has rarely been at fault. The only time accusing fingers could be pointed to him will carry one to the terrainof the fact that Stamford Bridge has never been stable enough for one to consistently give his best.
Frequent changing of coaches plus the ideas they carry meant the players are almost always in the loop of starting all over the journey of earning their places in the first team plus are being forced to learn the new ropes new manager carry with them.
In spite of these ups and downs, the Belgian has managed to still be the best he can for the Blues and sometimes the whole league. In 174 competitive matches he has partook in he has scored 57goals, fair return from a winger. read more …
Some retired Footballers of Eden Hazard’s boyhood club Lille have claimed that the Belgium international was a huge brat in his teenage and hadn’t had the nicest of attitudes because of which he was hit by the seniors.
Nicolas Plestan who played for Lille for 7 years before his transfer to Schalke 04 has disclosed that he himself hit Hazard once because he felt that the young winger had no regard for him at all despite him being a senior to him.
Narrating the story, Plestan says that there was a time when Hazard was a part of the first as well as the second team of Lille and he would say bad things about the first team players whenever he went back to the second team.
Plestan got to know about that from the other second team players and he wasn’t impressed by it any bit.
So when Hazard came up to him after that and tried to give him a hand shake, he asked him why he was trying to give a hand shake to a person whom he doesn’t really respect. read more …
Baggies skipper, Darren Fletcher says he experienced the same tactics Albion employ away from home while he was at Old Trafford. The 32-year-old midfielder insists the plan is never to defend for the whole 90 minutes.
Head coach, Tony Pulis does encourage his team to sit back and stay put for the opening exchanges in a bid to frustrate the home side. But after that, he urges his side to carry more of an attacking threat and he is always eager for them to break into the teams back wall, this tactics do not work all the time.
Against strong oppositions, the Baggies can be pinned back in their own half for the majority of the game, like they were at Stanford Bridge last month and at White Hart Lane on Saturday. In that case, Albions wingers drop back into defense to form a back six, but Fletcher insists that tactic is often just by necessity. read more …
Brazilian playmaker Willian has declared that Eden Hazard is the fastest player at Chelsea.
The South American star’s form has declined compared to the levels it reached last term – when the rest of the team were in shambles. Willian said that Hazard’s pace makes him one of the best players in England.
“You need pace to be a modern winger. The fastest player I’ve faced is Theo Walcott at Arsenal, and Eden Hazard is probably the fastest player at Chelsea,” Willian told FourFourTwo.
Hazard has been instrumental to the achievements of the Blues this season under coach Antonio Conte. The Belgium international has contributed goals – eight in the Premier League now – and an assist. His rewarding partnership with Diego Costa is one of the team’s reaction after last season’s slump.
Chelsea had poor motivation and internal crises that saw former coach Jose Mourinho fired months after winning the Premier League. Nigeria international Victor Moses switch to wing back is another talking point in Chelsea’s story this season. The team is now six points clear and en route for another league title come May. read more …
One Bristol fan would be going on a second ban after been found guilty of assaulting a steward with Cardiff City who needed to be treated.
Just before the game between Bristol and Cardiff City, flares were set off during raucous scenes at Cardiff city stadium where the game was held.
Currently, officials are carrying out in-depth investigations in order to identify any football fans that may have participated in causing trouble during the Championship fixture.
Ki Stone, a 25-year old from Lydney, Gloucester was handed a 16-week prison sentence, which was suspended for about 12 months, with a five year football banning order by the Cardiff Magistrates’ Court.
Stone has also been ordered to pay a sum total of £700 as costs, fines, and compensation. The court listened to how the steward ended up with injuries leading to the need for medical attention.
He received his last ban in 2013 and was one of 32 travelling fans prosecuted for public disorder during the match against Cardiff City in February of that year.
read more …
Even though Manchester City has sealed 4 victories out of the 4 opening league matches of the season and have not lost a single Premier League game so far, Pep Guardiola has stated that he wants his players to perform even better as their current level is not good enough and the Spanish manager is expecting further improvement.
“The way we have played up until now will not be enough to win the Premier League. We have to improve a lot of things. We are now four games into the Premier League, and I would like to tell this brilliant audience and our fans the way we are first in the Premier League, the way we have played until now, will be not enough to win the Premier League so we have to improve.’’
‘’We have to improve to win the Premier League. Of course we are so happy for the results, for the numbers, but it is not enough.” Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola said as he voiced his desire to see his squad start performing better than before.
Pep Guardiola is not only aiming to win the Premier League as the head coach of Manchester City but he is also hoping to compete in the Champions League but the Spanish manager is certain that at the current level that his squad is performing is not going to be enough to win any of those competitions.
Barcelona and Bayern Munich are all of the previous clubs that Pep Guardiola has been in charge of. In both of those clubs, he has managed to lift major pieces of silverware such as: Bundesliga, La Liga and UEFA Champions League, these are just a few of the trophies that Guardiola has secured with his former clubs.
Guardiola is hoping that he can continue adding more titles to his collection with Manchester City but he is certain that they will need to significantly improve in order to have any chance of winning the trophies which he is aiming to secure.
Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has taken a dig at his former club Chelsea by claiming that their club’s title defence will not implode in the same way as Chelsea’s last season.
Despite finishing as champions in the 2014-15 campaign, the blues were reduced to a lowly 10th place in one of their worst seasons in recent memory. It has created a new record for the worst defence of a league title. It has been suggested that Leicester City may break this record, as some bookmakers still favour them as favourites for relegation.
Even though they won the title in incredible circumstances last season, it was seen as opportunity taken since there was no real competition from the top clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City. Leicester were out on their own throughout the campaign and it was only in the final few weeks of the campaign that they were taken seriously. As a result, they experienced little pressure throughout the campaign. The summer has turned out as expected with the club losing a number of their key players like N’Golo Kanté. Jamie Vardy did sign a new contract to show his commitment, but last year’s PFA Player of the Year Riyad Mahrez continues to be linked with a move elsewhere.
read more …
The Football Association says it was not impressed with the actions of Jamie Vardy when they were in the camp for the Euro 2016 before they were knocked out by Iceland in the Round of 16.
They claim they were impressed when the player said he would solely focus on the tournament, especially with the huge task they had to prosecute. However, the Leicester City forward rejected the offer from Arsenal to remain at his club.
The player’s 24 goals, which were the second highest in the Premier League behind Harry Kane’s 25, were hugely responsible for the club’s success in the last campaign. Leicester City had placed a release clause of £22m but the Gunners triggered the clause and were hoping he would give a response before he left for the games in France.
The player, much to the admiration of the FA, said he couldn’t as he was focusing solely on the tournament. So it was a bit surprising when the England international decided to break his word and reject the offer even when the team was in camp and battling poor performances. The Three Lions were touted to top the group but they fell to a surprise second place in the group standings. They were eventually dumped 2-1 by Iceland despite going up first in the encounter. read more …
One of the first and foremost aspect for any club is keeping hold of the good players.
Bournemouth have managed to do exactly the same after tying down midfielder Harry Arter on a new three-year contract. The 26-year-old has been one of the regular first-team players for the club in the debut Premier League season. Bournemouth were expected to struggle due to the intense level of competition in the English top division, but they more than held their ground and ended up staying up in the league quite comfortably. As they prepare for a second season, manager Eddie Howe made it a priority to keep players like Arter.
Arter has been at Bournemouth since joining the club in 2011 from a nonleague outfit. Few would have imagined that a player for nonleague team Woking would continue to perform at the very top of the English football pyramid quite so well. He has made 203 appearances for the club in the last five years. At just 26 years of age, he is at the peak of his powers and could continue playing at the same level for another five years. Considering this aspect, Bournemouth will feel that the three-year contract is will deserved for the player. read more …
David Moyes branded his former club Everton’s performance in the Merseyside derby against Liverpool as horrible.
Everton lost 4-0 to their arch rivals in a result that will surely question manager Roberto Martinez’ position at the club. It has already been speculated that the arrival of new investors will see Martinez depart the club unless results are excellent until the end of the season. A thrashing at the hands of the major rivals is not a good start. It is also not an ideal preparation for the FA Cup semi-final in a few days.
Everton were reduced to 10 men for much of the second half after defender Ramiro Funes Mori was given the marching orders in the 50th minute. The club were further weakened by the departure of John Stones due to injury, but former manager Moyes was unable to defend Everton’s performance. The club are in a desperately bad run and it could potentially cost them a place in the FA Cup final. Winning a major trophy will not only help Martinez keep his job, but also keep his top players like Romelu Lukaku. The Belgian has been agitated in recent weeks about the lack of progress on the pitch. He has spoken about his desire to play in the Champions League. read more …